How to Install a New Rom on a Motorola Droid Bionic
How To Install a new rom on your Droid Bionic
- Download the rom of your choice
- Transfer the zip files downloaded in step 1 to the root of your external sdcard on the phone.
- Run the Bionic SafeStrap app on your phone, then choose “Reboot Recovery” to reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, in CWM, select Backup and Restore → On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Go to Mounts and Storage, and Select Format System. On the next screen Yes-Format
- Next select Format Data. On the next screen select Yes-Format Data
- Now select Format Cache. On the next screen select Yes-Format cache
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “Choose zip from sdcard” on the next screen.
- Now navigate to the file that you transferred to phone in step 2 and select it using the power button.
- Confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install your file” on the next screen. The ROM will now start installing.
- Once the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to enjoy your Bionic rom
That’s it. The ROM is now installed on your phone and you can enjoy your new rom on your Droid Bionic. Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.