How to Install GingerBread on a Samsung Droid Charge [EP1Q] [Updated]
Samsung have not announced that there will be an official update to Gingerbread for the Samsung Droid Charge, they are working diligently on Ice Cream Sandwich from Google and could be by passing Gingerbread altogether. But this has not stopped leaked versions of Gingerbread to be put out for beta testing. I have found the links to these and will provide them here for you, so you can install Gingerbread onto your own Droid Charge.
There are 3 options here
Gingerbread with bloatware
Gingerbread with out bloatware and Rooted
Stock Froyo in case you want to go back to it.
Requirements (You need to download these and run them on a Windows Based PC) :
- ODIN installed on your system.
- Samsung USB Drivers. Download drivers for 32bit Windows | 64bit Windows.
- Stock ROM (Non rooted). [EP1Q] (Released 8/12/2011)
- Stock ROM (Pre-rooted). [EP1Q] (Released 8/12/2011)
- Full Official Froyo Buid – EE2. (Incase you want to revert back.)
- To begin, download the ROM from the links above and extract it.
- Run ODIN and click on PDA to select the ROM you extracted (.tar).
- Put your phone in download mode and connect it to the PC via USB.
- Once you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the ROM is installed, the phone will reboot. You can unplug the device now.
That’s it! Your phone should now boot into the new EP1H ROM. Incase you want to revert back to the official Froyo build for some reason, download it from the link above and flash it via ODIN just like you flashed the new firmware.
Disclaimer : Performing this update can be problematic and has known flaws, that is the risk you take when you utilize a software that is in beta. You can cause your device to bootloop, not power on, corrupt the flash memory and much more. Cincygeek.com can not be held responsible for what happens as we are just giving you the information.