LinkedIn Goes Public and Starts Off Well!
Today LinkedIn went public on Wall Street, and was expected to do pretty well with their IPO release. No one could have expected what really happened when they went public. The opening price of LinkedIn started at $45 and closed at $94.25 which values LinkedIn @ $8.9 Billion dollars and after today there are many new millionaires that have now benefited from today’s IPO.
LinkedIn is now worth more or the same as these following companies.
- Tiffany & Co.: $8.9 billion
- Red Hat: $8.8 billion
- Sirius XM: $8.8 billion
- Chipotle: $8.8 billion
- Royal Caribbean Cruises: $8.7 billion
- Hormel Foods: $8.1 billion
- Electronic Arts: $8 billion
- Hyatt Hotels: $7.9 billion
- Expedia: $7.5 billion
- Seagate Technology: $7.1 billion
- Tyson Foods: $7 billion
- CarMax: $6.8 billion
- Hertz Global Holdings: $6.7 billion
Linkedin founder Reid Hoffman is now worth $1.8 billion and CEO Jeffrey Weiner is worth $213 million, based on the company’s current stock price.
Other LinkedIn execs include:
- Steven Sordello, CFO: $83.5 million
- David Henke, VP of engineering and operations: $31 million
- Dipchand “Deep” Nishar, SVP products and user experience: $45.9 million
- Erika Rottenberg, VP, general counsel and secretary: $29.7 million